- MACH Energy System User Guide – Company registration
- MACH Energy System User Guide – Employee registration
- MACH Energy Role Matrix
- MACH Energy Personnel Information Sheet
- MACH Energy Contracting Categories
- MACH Energy Statement of Competency
- MACH Energy Sub-Contractor Authority Form
- Safe Work Method Statements overview
- Pegasus Safety Management System Knowledge Base
- Onsite Contractor Knowledge Base
Frequently asked questions
Please click to expand the FAQ below.
How do I know if I need to register my company in the MACH Energy Contractor Management System?
MACH Energy Mount Pleasant Operation contractors are currently required to register in the system. They must also ensure their employees are registered and have the correct inductions before coming to work on site.
Contractors at the Mount Pleasant Operation cannot work on site without being registered in the system.
What certifications must a contracting company hold to register in the system?
- Public & Product Liability Insurance
- Minimum $20 million
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Minimum $5 million
- Statutory Workers Compensation Insurance
- Does NOT have to state MACH Energy as an interested party
- Contractor Works Insurance
- If a commercial contract is in place > $500k
- Motor Vehicle Insurance
- If driving on site
- Plant & Equipment Insurance
- Over $100k
- Company Operational Licences (air conditioning, electrical, plumbing and waste services)
How much does registration cost?
The costs outlined below are determined by the complexity and verification needed for your registration.
Category 5 AS/NZ4801 Certified: $220
Any of the categories below, but also AS/NZ4801 Certified
Category 4 High Risk: $770
Companies performing High Risk activities which include:
- Installing scaffolding
- Performing dogging and rigging work
- Operating cranes or hoists
- Performing lifting operations
- Operating forklifts
- Operation pressurised equipment
Category 3 Principal Contractor: $770
A principal contractor is as per the definition in the Work Health & Safety Regulation 2011 (regulation 293), including routine work in an abnormal (or High Risk) work environment, example construction, or non-routine work.
Category 2 Routine Work: $550
Company performing routine work in a normal environment, including access to Construction or Mining areas (eg MACH Energy-engaged site supervisors, technical experts, consultants, minor work, or sub-contractors under a MACH Energy-appointed Principle Contractor).
Category 1 Office Based: $220
Companies restricted to office based work
Annual renewal for all categories is $110
What benefit does the Contractor Management System have for my company?
Registration ensures you’re qualified to work on site. It allows you to keep all of your company information up to date in one place online, and to update your documents as required.
The Contractor Management System allows you and your employees to work for MACH Energy.
Who do I contact if I have questions about the Contractor Management System?
You can contact the Pegasus team during business hours on 1300 365 747 or email email@example.com.
Can I get a refund?
Payments made to Pegasus for the verification of uploaded insurances and licenses are final. We cannot refund any fees after the document verification process has begun. Please refer to the terms and conditions for more details.
What’s a SMS review?
A SMS review is an independent desktop audit of your Work Health and Safety documents completed by a qualified WHS professional. The review will compare your information against legal and industry requirements to ensure your systems are meeting these obligations. You’ll be contacted when the SMS review is complete and you are compliant in the system. If you do not pass the SMS review, we’ll send you a corrective action report detailing the action we can help you take to become compliant. You will not be compliant unless your SMS has been approved.
If you can’t complete the SMS review in one session, you can save your work and login later to continue from where you left off.
The documents you’ll be asked to upload in the system depend on your category and may include, but are not limited to:
- WHS / OHS Policy
- Environmental Policy
- Risk Management Procedures
- Systems of Work process including incident management
- Drug and Alcohol management
- Emergency management
- Training procedures including induction management
- Sub-Contractor Management (if applicable)
- Continual improvement processes
Useful links to help you with your SMS review:
What is AS/NZS 4801?
AS/NZS 4801 is the Australian and New Zealand standard for safety management. Updated in 2001 – referred to as AS/NZS 4801:2001 – this standard is the benchmark in assessing Occupational Health and Safety across management systems.
It is regarded as a discipline which guides organisations in developing and implementing policies and objectives that demonstrate a company’s knowledge and control over hazards and risks present in its work environment. The internationally recognised standard is known as OHSAS 18001.
The responsibility of management in regards to the health and safety of their employees, business units, and output have increased due to changes with the introduction of the WHS Act in 2011. As a result, this has made it increasingly important for an organisation to implement a management system to comply with the necessary obligations.
Certified companies will have a certificate that bears one of the following 5 tick symbols.
A valid certificate will also have a JAS-ANZ stamp and only a document stamped in this way will be accepted.
Benefits of AS/NZS 4801 Certification
The benefits of AZ/NZS 4801 Certification are that it:
- Encourages a culture of safety in the workplace
- Proves the affective implementation of an OH&S management system
- Reduces the onset of workplace injuries, illness and incidents due to increased control
- Enhances your company’s reputation as a safe and reliable partner, contractor or supplier
- Demonstrates strong commitment to ongoing improvement of safety performance
How do I register my employees to work for MACH Energy?
After you’ve registered your company to work for MACH Energy, you’ll next register your employees in the system, and book their inductions to work at the Mount Pleasant Operation.
In the system, you will choose to Manage Employee Data and then follow the process to register your employees.
You will also book their training in the system.
Upon successful registration and at the completion of their inductions, your employees will receive MACH Energy ID cards which can be used to access the Mount Pleasant Operation.
How much does employee registration and training cost?
- Employee registration: $75 + GST per person
- Access ID card: $10 + GST per card
- Online induction: $25 + GST per person per booking
- Classroom site familiarisation: $15 + GST per person per booking
Registration, card ordering and induction bookings are all completed in the Contractor Management System.
If I’m only a sub-contractor, do I still need to provide a SMS?
If you’re a sub-contractor working under a Principal Contractor’s safety management system, you must upload a Principal Contractor-approved Sub-Contractor Authority form. This form is available to download and complete under the Forms heading at the top of this page.
How do I find the Onsite ID number of my employee?
Onsite ID numbers can be found in Onsite. Follow the steps below, and contact Pegasus if you have trouble logging in to your account.
Step 1 > Using your MACH Energy Contractor Management System login details, click here to login to Onsite Track Easy >>.
Step 2> From the person tab, select employees.
Step 3 > You may now need to click change, select the employee, and save. If you do not see this option, proceed to Step 4.
Step 4 > In the Find field, enter the first OR last name of the employee and click search.
The employee’s Onsite ID number will be displayed in the ‘Id‘ column next to their name.